Custom Metal Plaques
Check Out Our FREE Whitepaper on How to Utilize, Design and Customize Custom Metal Plaques!
Customized metal plaques are versatile, durable and instantly beautify the surfaces to which you attach them. If you have never considered the use of this beautiful signage option for your facility, you might just be missing out on a great branding opportunity.
Who Needs Metal Plaques?
Non-profit organizations utilize metal plaques to memorialize patrons who have shown generosity with their time, money and resources. Faith communities may honor donors who helped to make a new building a reality. Parks and zoos frequently set up benches that feature a memorial plaque for a benefactor who helped to bring an animal habitat or flowerbed to the venue.
Corporations rely on the longevity of metal to underscore their long history. In these cases, the plaques frequently tell the story of the company’s founding and its gradual expansion to contemporary times. In business, metal plaques are also used to commemorate the achievements of individuals. Whether it is the sales person of the year, the highest achieving team or the longest-serving team member, these markers find plenty of uses.
Materials and Mounting Options
- Cast vs. etched Cast plaques as well as machine-tooled versions showcase raised images and text. The background, therefore, is recessed. Etched plaques are the exact opposite. This makes them a great product to use when your plaque displays a lot of writing or many intricate graphics.
- Metals Material options include bronze, aluminum alloys or brass.
- Finishes and color fills Finishes add a satin sheen, a high-gloss polish or a patina. You may also decide to have an etched plaque filled with color. We use 45 enamel hues that we apply to the material and then cover with a finish to preserve.
- Thickness With respect to the thickness of the material, we generally offer 1/16 inches, 1/8 inches, 3/16 inches and ¼ inches.
- Mounting Very heavy plaques – or those that cover an entire wall – need to be screwed into the building’s studs. Lighter models are easy to hang from the wall on dedicated hooks. The lightest plaques, which are usually part of a larger donor display, can be attached to the wall space or to a larger plaque with silicone.
Getting Started with Your Order is Easy!
Apex Signs & Graphics serves the counties of Gwinnett, Fulton, Forsyth, Cherokee and Cobb. Moreover, we have many business community customers whose companies are located in Alpharetta, Duluth, Lawrenceville, Roswell, Milton, Johns Creek, Cumming, Norcross, Sandy Springs and Marietta. When you contact our experienced metal plaque experts today, we get your order started right away.